Thursday, August 26

Pants on Fire!!!

by justmy2 @ 8/26/2004 08:32:00 PM

John O'Neill wrote the book currently attacking John Kerry. Should you believe him? Absolutely not, if you have any self respect. I can't speak for the other veterans speaking against Kerry (although their story continues to fall apart), but it is obvious that O'Neill has serious issues.

I guess you want some evidence...

First, he attacked John Kerry for saying he was in Cambodia during the war. He said no one was allowed in Cambodia. Well, here is what he said himself on to President Nixon, as reported by CNN.

But in 1971, O'Neill said precisely the opposite to then President Richard Nixon.

O'NEILL: I was in Cambodia, sir. I worked along the border on the water.
NIXON: In a swift boat?
O'NEILL: Yes, sir."


Ok, define the word "in". That has to be tough to defend. Here is his attempted defense, in a chat on Washingtonpost.com today, when asked about the contradiction.

John E. O'Neill: I lied to no one. You quote the first half of the statement but ignore the following sentence. I clearly said that I was on the Cambodian border. I was on a canal system known as Bernique's Creek located about 100 yards south of the Cambodian border from which it would have been very difficult to get into Cambodia at least from a boat.

I never went to Cambodia


Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say he doesn't know that saying "I never went to Cambodia" is directly contradictory with the term "in". Let's see if he has ever said he wasn't on the border. I'll give you two guesses, and the first one doesn't count.

From This Week on ABC last Sunday:

JOHN O'NEILL: The whole country's watching him avoid the question. You asked about Cambodia. How do I know he's not in Cambodia? I was on the same river, George. I was there two months after him. Our patrol area ran to Sedek, it was 50 miles from Cambodia. There isn't any watery border.

Whoops....doubles whoops...super whoops. And oh, by the way, unless our system of measurement changed, 50 miles is a little bit more than 100 yards, but who's counting.

They say lies will always catch up with you. It looks like the race has ended.

If this isn't enough for you, see this site which goes through even more misleading statements, to be generous, from Mr. O'Neill.

At the very least, this witness has been impeached.

3 Comments:

At 2:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://uvwzoxyz.com/wrch/xfgv.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://qtdlpgut.com/mknu/whtl.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 2:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 2:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://uvwzoxyz.com/wrch/xfgv.html | http://gqqzjbms.com/jscy/udzc.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home